That Which Twenty-Eight Elements Wrote

A specific tribute to

  1. Oxygen (65%)
  2. Carbon (18%)
  3. Hydrogen (10%)
  4. Nitrogen (3%)
  5. Calcium (1.5%)
  6. Phosphorus (1.0%)

from which these words spring from,
and also to which you owe your recognition of what would otherwise be an unintelligible sequence of symbols.


The aforementioned six elements compose 99% of the human body (the remaining 1% is 22 trace elements of various toxic and non-beneficial elements so we will discount them). If we suppose that the atheistic thinkers throughout centuries are reasonable in their assumption that humankind is entirely material and that the soul is a fabrication, than these six elements consist of our entire existence.

Of course it’s is worth mentioning that the combinations, sequences, and structures are incomprehensible.

This conclusions are made in the absence of the findings made by quantum theory. As these findings seem to only apply to the very small and often conflict Einstein’s theory of relatively, which contrarily are more reliable in calculations of the physics similar to our own size. This is the reason why I won’t go into the  interesting but nonetheless irrelevant behaviour of sub-atomic particles.

The focus of this discussion is focused on us and more broadly on life itself.

Life is defined under the following criteria:

  1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
  2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells — the basic units of life.
  3. Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
  4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
  5. Adaptation: The ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism’s heredity, diet, and external factors.
  6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism), and chemotaxis.
  7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms

However these biological terms are only of use in the scientific world.
These behaviours are more simply described as patterns of matter.

Pattern: a regular and intelligible form or sequence discernible in the way in which something happens or is done.

It is therefore reasonable to conclude that;

The universe is a contained within a supreme pattern of everything.
I am a pattern. You are a pattern. 


In this manner it appears that the Buddhist principles of Anatta (No self) is expressed in scientific findings.
Further evidence is also shown in the principle of Anicca (the impermanence of the world) which is reflected in the constant flux of molecular biology.
However I will leave that for another post, follow and/or comment if these ideas spark some interest.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s